Our original “fix it all” balm formula is a true natural powerhouse for repairing all skin types. Made by hand in the Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia, the balm formula is created using an organic base of coconut, olive, castor, and jojoba oils. We then blend the oils with rich, hydrating shea, sustainably-sourced Nova Scotian beeswax, rosehip, aloe plant extract and vitamin e for natural healing properties.
Brown sea kelp grown along the coast of southern Nova Scotia are shown to act as anti-aging agents, improving skin elasticity and softness. Nutrient rich, Nova Scotia kelp is a natural source of magnesium, protein, fucoidan, retinol, and vitamin a. Our kelp is harvested by hand, unprocessed and raw to retain all of the healing benefits for our skin. Leaving the kelp unprocessed is where the bright, rich green colour of the balm comes from.
We use a blend of natural essential oils to create a unique scent that is fresh and calming. Chamomile, lavender, geranium, tea tree, and rosemary.
Why do we use scent? Aroma through natural fragrance can be therapeutic and aid in reducing stress. As powerful and nurturing sea kelp can be for your skin, in its raw state it is salty & briny, just like the Atlantic. Blending the raw sea kelp with essential oils helps mask the ocean scent, leaving your skin smelling fresh, and reducing stress at the same time.
- Extremely dry skin
- Cracked, cut, and scabbed skin
- Conditions such as: Eczema, Psoriasis & Rosacea
- Dry patches / Flare ups
1) Clean the application area (especially if applying to a scab, wound, cut, or callus)
2) The quantity of product used will depend on the skin issue. For general dry skin and reducing inflammation, you’ll want to apply light and make sure the product is absorbed fully by the skin. This typically occurs when the colour of the balm can no longer be recognized.
3) Observe the treated area and re-apply liberally
4) Store in a dry, cool place. If on the go, a bag or backpack removed from direct sunlight or severe heat is recommended
5) Use soap and water to rinse out the tin and recycle or repurpose
Comments will be approved before showing up.
With Valentine's Day just around the corner, this guide will help you find a gift for those special people on your list.
Nova Scotia Fisherman products are made all natural, using original formulas with ingredients close to sea. Every product is free from gluten, sls, parabens, artificial scents, artificial colours, and artificial preservatives. We source organic whenever possible, and our moisturizers and soaps are vegan friendly (excluding Goat's Milk soap).
Winter is a tough time for our skin. If you live in a cold climate, it can have an even larger impact on the feel, look, elasticity, and health. Exposed areas of skin can become dried out, flake, crack, turn red from inflammation and even cause break-outs.
Exfoliation - Exfoliation is the process of removing these dead skin cells from pores, while nourishing the skin to repair moisture levels and prevent redness.
Moisturize (with a heavier cream) - Just as important as removing excess skin cells and bacteria from pores, is how we nourish our skin to bring it back to a healthy balance. Because skin is so deprived of moisture during the cold months, it’s important to switch to a heavier moisturizer with a nourishing base, like organic shea.